ABOUT IMPERFECT FOODS
Imperfect Foods is a grocery delivery service (and a Public Benefit Corporation) on a mission to reduce food waste. After raising their Series D ($110M) in early 2021, Imperfect needed to quickly roll out a major upgrade to their marketing site. They invested in an extensive redesign and turned to Mutations to help implement their highly interactive new design for their site, which receives about 2 million visits/month.
- ANIMATION & INTERACTIVE UX
- RESPONSIVE & MOBILE
- DESIGN PRODUCTION
- WEB DEVELOPMENT
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
THE SOLUTION HIGHLIGHTS
- Mutations was brought in as the technical and implementation partner for the website build-out. Imperfect’s technical goals were to increase the site’s interactivity without reducing performance or accessibility. We were particularly attentive to performance impact as we began development.
- Mutations paired with the in-house tech leadership, delivering website animations and sophisticated front-end functionality on the newly designed site.
- We guided the Imperfect team through the performance considerations. We worked iteratively with the design agency to ensure that the intended brand elements and interactivity came through while maintaining a performant site.
- New components were delivered in Storybook to facilitate design feedback and development between the fully remote and distributed teams.
- The partnership featured very tight, regular communication across the Mutations devs and PM, the Imperfect internal team, and the design agency.
- ADVANCED CSS TECHNIQUES
- STORYBOOK (TO SHOWCASE COMPONENTS)